Terms of service
Effective date: 2020-06-23
2. Definitions SERVICE means the website operated by Trend It Local.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
USAGE DATA is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
COOKIES are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
DATA SUBJECT is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
THE USER is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
3. Information Collection and Use We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
4. Types of Data Collected : Personal Data While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data” ). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: 0.1. Email address 0.2. First name and last name 0.3. Phone number 0.4. Address, Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City 0.5. Cookies and Usage Data We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link. Usage Data We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device ( “Usage Data” ). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
6. Use of Data : Trend It Local uses the collected data for various purposes: 0.1. to provide and maintain our Service; 0.2. to notify you about changes to our Service; 0.3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so; 0.4. to provide customer support; 0.5. to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service; 0.6. to monitor the usage of our Service; 0.7. to detect, prevent and address technical issues; 0.8. to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it; 0.9. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; 0.10. to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.; 0.11. to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information; 0.12. in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; 0.13. for any other purpose with your consent.
9. Disclosure of Data : We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide: 0.1. Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities. 0.2. Business Transaction. If we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred. 0.3. Other cases. We may disclose your information also: 0.3.1. to our subsidiaries and affiliates; 0.3.2. to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business; 0.3.3. to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; 0.3.4. for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our website; 0.3.5. for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; 0.3.6. with your consent in any other cases; 0.3.7. if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
10. Security of Data: The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at . In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights: 0.1. the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you; 0.2. the right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete; 0.3. the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data; 0.4. the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information; 0.5. the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format; 0.6. the right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information; Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
13. Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): If you are a California resident, you are entitled to learn what data we collect about you, ask to delete your data and not to sell (share) it. To exercise your data protection rights, you can make certain requests and ask us: 0.1. What personal information we have about you. If you make this request, we will return to you: 0.0.1. The categories of personal information we have collected about you. 0.0.2. The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information. 0.0.3. The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information. 0.0.4. The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information. 0.0.5. The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. 0.0.6. A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact. 0.0.7. A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with. Please note, you are entitled to ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months. 0.2. To delete your personal information. If you make this request, we will delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain functions that require your personal information to operate. 0.3. To stop selling your personal information. We don’t sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for any purpose. We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances, a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. You are the only owner of your Personal Data and can request disclosure or deletion at any time. If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers. Please note, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require the usage of your personal information to function. But in no circumstances, we will discriminate against you for exercising your rights. To exercise your California data protection rights described above, please send your request(s) by email: . Your data protection rights, described above, are covered by the CCPA, short for the California Consumer Privacy Act. To find out more, visit the official California Legislative Information website. The CCPA took effect on 01/01/2020.
14. Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ( “Service Providers” ), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
15. Analytics : We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
16. CI/CD tools: We may use third-party Service Providers to automate the development process of our Service.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Suggested text: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
Suggested text: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.